Friday, June 19, 2015

Writing letters in Vietnamese style


>> revision: Thank you for your constant support that you have been giving. I'd like to share with you the good news that I have been accepted for the scholarship. However, after much consideration, I have asked if the scholarship could be deferred. I wish to gain more working experience before endeavoring post graduate study. I will keep you posted and wish to continue to have your support in the future. Please keep in touch. Thank you. Best regards... Maybe... I do not think the email above is showing confidence. Btw, Tai is a great teacher. Probably that's why the student is just too humble to show confidence ..

 lol... those are very big words Tai tongue emoticonNah, this student really respects you and wants to make you happy. Yet the email style makes me chuckle a bit as it is like a Vietnamese email translated into English. I do not think the student is bad, I just believe it's important to believe in yourself and not do your best to deserve anyone's confidence, esp outside of the academic environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment